Our events bring together world-class business leaders, policymakers, NGOs, academics, practitioners and government officials to share successes and find new solutions to address some of the world’s most intractable development challenges.
- Populism: Then and NowThis event has now passed. We live in a polarised world. Citizens, entrepreneurs, and business have an increasingly complex social and political environment. Populist movements, often stemming from inequities and cultural divides, with their broad appeal and often divisive policies, exert a significant influence on business landscapes. Even global geopolitics appear to reflect deeper fault … Read more
- Ukraine Recovery Business DayThe 21 – 22 June 2023, saw a large delegation of the Ukrainian government attend the Ukraine Recovery Conference. The conference focused on mobilising international support for Ukraine’s economic and social stablisation, as well as recovery from the effects of war through emergency assistance for immediate needs and financing private sector participation in the reconstruction … Read more
- LBS Real Estate Conference 2023: ESG in Real EstateESG Keynote with Planet Smart City Audrey Klein, Chair of ESG Committee Planet Smart City, and Alessandro Marchesini Chief Digital Strategy Officer Planet Smart City. The ESG Keynote with Planet Smart City talk began with a current assessment of the global housing market, with an emphasis on affordable housing. Affordable housing, not to be confused … Read more
- Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference 2023: Showcasing PhD ResearchThe annual Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference (TADC) provides a unique platform for doctoral students to showcase their research, engage in scholarly discussions, and forge valuable connections with their peers. Now in its 21st year and sponsored by the Wheeler Institute for Business and Development, the TADC 2023 made a return as an in-person event on the … Read more
- Rethinking Capitalism: In Conversation with Daron AcemogluThe Wheeler Institute at the London Business School was proud to host Daron Acemoglu for a presentation on his and Simon Johnson’s latest book, Power and Progress: Our Thousand-Year Struggle Over Technology and Prosperity, followed by a discussion with London Business School professor Andrew J Scott. The event, attended by more than 600 people in … Read more
- Delivering Impact in Challenging Economies: In Conversation with Jürgen RigertinkThe Wheeler Institute is inspired by the purpose and passion of our students, who are focused on applying innovative thinking in the area of business for development. We seek collaborations with student clubs that aim to reshape the way we think about business. The initiatives that we support allow students to apply their business skills … Read more