The global drive to replace traditional energy sources with renewable energy will require significant investments in addressing market failures. These investments would need to promote substantially higher use of renewable energy products among consumers households and among businesses. Could results-based financing help achieve these outcomes?
Join us the Wheeler Institute in collaboration with Dharma Life as we bring together female entrepreneurs from rural India with experts from Accenture, DOEN Foundation and Good Energies Foundation. Some topics that we will discuss during this 70-minute virtual discussion will include:
- Findings from a randomized controlled trial test that points a way to apply results-based financing to promote the adoption of renewable energy products.
- Introduction of the concept of “pump priming” markets through marketing activities that educate consumers about problems created by current behaviours, and the advantages of new consumption behaviours.
- Ways to offset the significant costs of such interventions through results-based financing instruments.
Panelists and Speakers:
Joining us on the roundtable will be rural village representatives from Uttar Pradesh who will share experiences from their participation in the Clean Energy projects, along with;
- Stephanie Jones, Global Programme Manager at Good Energies Foundation
- Marije Schasfoort, Programme Manager at DOEN Foundation
- Manuel Meister, Managing Director at Accenture
- Professor Rajesh Chandy, LBS, Academic Director, Wheeler Institute
- Gaurav Mehta, CEO & Founder, Dharma Life
- Vainateya Gavai, Co-founder, Siriti
The event will be held on February 16, 2022 at 12:00 pm GMT / 5:30 pm IST / 07:00 am ET. Please click on the link below to register for the event.
About Dharma Life Labs and the Voice of the Village Event Series: Dharma Life Labs is a rural innovation lab with a focus on driving inclusive progress. A collaboration between Dharma Life, the Wheeler Institute for Business and Development at the London Business School and Siriti, the Lab leverages local relationships, digital connectedness and real-time insights to drive impact at scale. The insights from our work are brought alive through a series of virtual roundtables – the “Voice of the Village” – which bring together the rural community with global partners as equals. The objective of these roundtables is to create inclusive communities of practice to help villagers lead themselves and their communities on the path of progress. Please visit here the previous Voice of the Village events.