In the largest survey of its kind, The Africa List Business Barometer reveals a high degree of confidence in the business environment across Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia, despite ongoing challenges.
Produced by The Africa List, a membership community of Africa’s rising private sector leaders, and developed in partnership with The Wheeler Institute for Business and Development at London Business School, The Africa List Business Barometer aims to shed light on five economies that often go under-reported in global and African private sector studies. The report includes insights from over 350 members of The Africa List.
On 03 December 2019, The Wheeler Institute for Business and Development in collaboration with the Africa List and CDC Group hosted the launch of The Africa List Business Barometer. At this event, an expert panel shared their findings of the report and the implications they have for doing business on the continent today and in the near future.
- Nieros Oyegun, Head of Network, The Africa List
- Graham Wrigley, Chairman, CDC Group
- Emma Wade-Smith (OBE), Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for Africa
- David Solomon, Strategy Director, Friendship Business Group (The Africa List, Ethiopia)
- Charles Washoma, Independent Non-Executive Director, UAP Old Mutual Group (The Africa List, Tanzania)
- Rajesh Chandy, Professor of Marketing at London Business School; Academic Director, Wheeler Institute for Business and Development; and Tony and Maureen Wheeler Chair in Entrepreneurship